Hawks & Company is the leading commercial and industrial HVAC & Energy Services Company – servicing the tristate area for over 40 years. We value our employees and our customers and are looking for an experienced HVAC Controls / Mechanical Technician to join our team!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Displays team effort and dedication to the customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires.
- Work with team members to meet the project schedule. Communicate with supervisors about daily progress.
- Ability to use ladders and lifts to fully assist with technical checkout, retrofit, or new installation of control systems.
- Understand of service ticket procedures to handle a service call from start to finish.
- Continually aware of safety and security standards in accomplishing duties as assigned.
- Have self-motivation to continually stay current as well as expand knowledge base on technical and mechanical aspects of the business.
- Electrical troubleshooting and ability to follow electrical wiring diagrams.
- Read & comprehend mechanical and control prints to affectively install or troubleshoot devices and communication loops.
- Use related software to efficiently download, checkout, troubleshoot, commission and service control systems.
- Able to analytically troubleshoot and repair control systems on customer accounts.
- Perform software start-up of unit control systems, integrate with automated building systems and troubleshoot on the customer site under operating conditions.
- Read and understand mechanical plans and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Previous experience with Niagara Tridium controls to include programming Niagara Tridium controllers.
Qualifications and Skills
Key Experience/System Knowledge:
- Johnson Controls (JCI) – Metasys and/or FX
- Working knowledge of HVAC Systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry working procedures.
- Ability to replace system components.
- 5-10years HVAC Mechanical & Controls trade experience
- Universal EPA certification
- OSHA 10 certified (we will provide if don’t have)
- Able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Well organized, punctual, and dependable.
- Successful completion of trade school, HVAC license, or NATE certification
- AX certification